Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I Believe by Anthony Ceballos

I Believe…
Art is a form of expression. I can put everything I have dreamed onto a blank canvas or I can relive a moment as the colors come together to form a picture. I have created imaginary worlds that come to life and amaze others. As a young child, I never appreciated the beauty of art, I would just scribble on a piece of paper with a randomly chosen Crayon. I did not know of shades, color compliments, and all other aspects of art. I would just simply attempt to draw a picture for fun then show my mother. She would just smile and I would always laugh as she put the picture on the refrigerator door.
Then, when I got older, I learned about how to improve my art work and I just took off with it. Left and right, I drew anything that came to mind. I drew flowers, houses, landscapes, remakes of logos. But, there was always one thing missing. There were no people in any of me pictures. The concept of a person seem like an obstacle that I could not overcome. The reason why is because there was no way I could imitate the life in any given person. It was then I learned that art is more than pictures and colors. It embodies the very essence of life and nature. It expresses emotions that the artist feels.
I would just let the paint flow, allow chalk leave its colorful mark, and a pencil to shape the basics of the world. But now, I give life to my creations and I cannot wait until my own child brings his or her drawing to me for the first time, so I can hang it on the fridge. I believe that art is more than lines and colors on a page, art is life at it’s most precious moments.

Obviously, this inspired by Art and how I see it. I try to show the transition between art and drawings. I believe in every word of this essay and I will never go against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment