Wednesday, October 8, 2014

This I believe...by Amanda Green

This I believe that not every
household needs a man in the house.

Seven years ago I lost my grandpa who was in the delivery room when my mom had me. Not knowing my Dad, my grandfather was like my father figure because of how close we were. When he left he tried telling me that he was only leaving my grandma but in reality he was leaving the entire family. I was only ten when this happened. I lost the man that I believed in and loved so much. All of a sudden he was having late nights at the shop and 4 A.M. phone calls that I would answer. When I would answer these calls I knew right then and there my grandfather was a cheater. My family was falling apart.
A few short months later I was in Minnesota with my uncle. On his way home from work he got a call from my mom,saying that she and my great grandpa were coming to get me instead of Grandma Angela and Grandpa Jerry. I asked why and he told me that my grandpa had left. I was heart broken. But I didn’t let anyone see that I was hurting, I grew strong for my grandma.
Now seven years later my grandma and I are doing great. We lost the man that fixed everything,but we do it now because we taught ourselves how to do the handy work. So when people hear me say that I don’t need a man for things I mean it. This I believe that not every household needs a “man of the house”. My grandma and I do all the handy work around my house. If we can’t fix something one way we will find a way to fix it. And then finally if we still can’t fix it then we will ask my uncle or my guy cousins to come help us.
Now that we have moved on and that we do things on our own, we are very hard workers and determined to get things done ourselves. Our relationship used to be not as close because I was very close to my grandpa. When he left my entire life changed. I had to push my hurt away so grandma could hurt. I have became the strong one and didn’t show my hurt. Our relationship grew stronger through the years. We have had our ups and downs but we got through them.
When someone tells me that I need a man in my life or my grandma needs a man in her life, I tell them that they are crazy and we are doing just fine.
This I believe that not every
household needs a man in the house.

This was inspired by the hardships I went through in my past and how i was the bigger person and didn’t show my pain/hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment