Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I believe....by Joelle Scholten

I believe in positive thoughts. Being positive, thinking positive and saying positive things have good influence on your life and on the people around you. Just like negative thoughts have bad influence.

I have a friend that always complains and is negative about herself, the world, other people, about everything. The worst part is that she doesn’t keep it to herself, she says everything out loud. She says things like:

‘I can’t do this, I hate this, I hate that, loser, failure’.  

She doesn’t only hurt herself by saying all those things, but also everyone around her. Especially the people who love her and care about her. And then I didn’t even mention all the negative thoughts that she does keep to herself, and they are even worse than what she says.

Okay, she’s been through a lot, her life isn’t easy. And I know that I have no right to judge, and I won’t. But why would you make your life harder by thinking negative?

I know that everyone has those days that you don’t feel like doing anything and you’re just in a bad mood, and that’s okay. You have the right to be angry sometimes, nobody can be positive the whole time, right? But I try to be positive as much as I can, not only for myself, but also for the people around me. The moments my friends thoughts were all negative, I was there to help her think positive. To make it bearable, to make a difference. I’d say to my friend:

‘You can do it, you are not a loser, nor failure, I believe in you’.

My friend would look at me like I was crazy, when I said all those things. She didn’t understand that I could be positive about the things she was upset about. I grew up in a family where we support each other, no matter what. If I think about all the times my siblings and I weren’t so nice for my parents, and then think about all the things they did for us. I realize that positive thoughts really are powerful. If my parents wouldn’t say all their positive words like:

‘come on, you can do it, we are here for you, we love you and believe in you’.

Then I wouldn’t be the person I am now. I need positive people in my live. Because when I’m not able to be positive, or I don’t want to, then there is someone to be positive for me. Like I was for my friend when she couldn’t.

I believe in positive thoughts because it makes a difference. The influence of being positive is so huge that it can change not only my life, but also the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment