Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Poem by Joelle Scholten

I’m sorry but I have to go

I heard about a place

That is as beautiful as the sunrise in octobre

And as peaceful as leaves that dance in the wind

When I go there

I won’t stay forever

Because a sunrise will become a sunset

And the dancing leaves will start falling down

I will come back

But I won’t at the same time

I will always remember how the sunlight tickled my face in the early morning

And the colors of the leaves that were dancing in the wind

Because

They remind me of you

But

The sunset became darkness

And the leaves, they hit the ground

You don’t understand me

You never will

And places far away from here call my name

Authors note: The first and last line of this poem were borrowed from the poem “I have to go” by “Verloren Letters”

No comments:

Post a Comment